01 Aug Accounting Manager – Office Manager with EPIC / Applied Management System Experience
Golden State Insurance Solutions, Inc. DBA: GS Insurance Solutions is a leading regional full service insurance and risk management agency with offices in San Carlos and Petaluma. We offer competitive property and casualty, employee benefits, personal lines to clients locally and nationally. Visit us online to learn more… www.gsisol.com
We have an immediate opening in our Santa Clara office for an Accounting Manager with a desire to build a leading insurance brokerage.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
1. A degree from an accredited four year college or attending a four year college.
2. At least 5 years of experience as in accounting / bookkeeping. Ideally in the insurance industry but willing train the right candidate
4. Looking to advance your career in the accounting industry
5. Experience with the agency management system Epic
6. Loves building new relationships, is outgoing, detailed and has high integrity.
• We have an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager / Office Manager Rock Star that wants to join our dynamic team in our Santa Clara Office. This position is a Mid-level position for an insurance agency. This position is ideal for someone looking to advance their career with a energetic team of cutting edge insurance professionals.
• Assists and provides accounting support with company payables, direct bill production and general administrative functions within the accounting department. Primarily responsible for (1) processing carrier payable checks (2) posting direct bill production and (3) assisting team members with various administrative duties.
• Reconciles insurance carrier statements to internal accounting records; identifies discrepancies between the two. Researches and resolves billing discrepancies with internal customer service representatives or contacts at the insurance company. Processes carrier payable checks within required due dates, ensuring funds are not advanced to the carriers until Agency has been paid first without proper approval.
• Data entry of direct bill production into accounting system according to company procedures.
• Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, and routes invoices to the appropriate individual for review and approval and processing. Assists with the filing of accounting support documentation in a timely manner.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Good with basic math; possesses account reconciliation capabilities; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Design – Applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Leadership – Accepts feedback from others.
Quality Management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume and a few sentences of your long term career goals.
- Accounting: 3 years